Wide & Straight - A Unique New Look
The Ultra Prime 8R/T2.8 is an extreme wide angle lens with a unique look unparalleled by any other lens in the film or video world. Because of its rectilinear design it shows an extremely wide angle of view without any of the commonly associated fisheye distortions.
This unique perspective opens new creative opportunities. The Ultra Prime 8R can be used for exhilarating high-speed point-of-view shots, amplifying the apparent speed of movement and putting the viewer right in the middle of the action. Since wide angle lenses exaggerate depth perception, this lens can make any space seem larger than it really is, without showing the telltale distortion of conventional wide angle lenses. For grand establishing shots, walls will look straight even when they are at the edge of the frame. Because of its enormous depth of field and straight image geometry, it is also very useful for shooting miniatures. The Ultra Prime 8R is the ideal lens for sweeping vistas, the interiors of cars, small rooms, unusual angles, wild music videos, underwater filming and many other applications where a fresh new look is required.
The highest quality extreme wide angle lens ever built
Extremely wide, but straight lines stay straight
- unique look
- covers Super 35
- exaggerates speed: ideal for chase sequences
- exaggerates spaciousness: ideal for establishing shots or small rooms
- wide angle without fisheye distortions: ideal for miniatures & underwater
Small size & light weight- Ultra Prime optical quality:
- high contrast and resolution
- T* XP coating ensures flare resistance for deeper, richer blacks
- minimized chromatic aberration
- minimized geometric distortion
Super Color Matched to
- Master Primes
- Ultra Primes
- Lightweight Zoom LWZ1
- Variable Primes
- Ultra 16 lenses
|Name||Ultra Prime 8R/T2.8|
|Aperture||T2.8 to T22|
|Close focus (5)||0.35 m/1 1/4'|
|Length (lens mount to front)||130 mm/5.1"|
|Front diameter||134 mm/5.3"|
|Weight||2 kg/4.4 lbs|
|Horizontal angle of view ANSI Super 35 (1)||l'=12.45 mm (4)||114.0┬░|
|Horizontal angle of view DIN Super 35 (2)||l'=12.00 mm (4)||112.0┬░|
|Horizontal angle of view Normal 35 (3)||l'=11.00 mm (4)||107.0┬░|
(1) Horizontal angle of view for an ANSI Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24.9 mm x 18.7 mm / 0.980" x 0.7362"). Ground glasses available for ARRICAM, ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
(2) Horizontal angle of view for a DIN Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24 mm x 18 mm / 0.944" x 0.7087"). Ground glasses available for ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
(3) Horizontal angle of view for a Normal 35 Academy camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.37, dimensions 22 mm x 16 mm / 0.8661" x 0.6299"). Ground glasses available for ARRICAM, ARRIFLEX 235 and all 435 and 535 models.
(4) l' is the radius of the image circle needed for the respective format. It is the same as the distance from the image center to a corner.
(5) Close focus is measaured from the film plane.
T* is the trademark for the special Zeiss anti-reflex lens coating that reduces veiling glare and other reflections